Squad Leader addition

Citrine

Oct 15, 2023
Master Squad leaders should have the create group pickup range extended to 64m (rifle range), or planetary so long as at least once person is grouped with them.

Allow Master Squad leader buffs to be region/planetary wide. Ive reversed my position on this.

The create group pickup ability for a mater squad leader cant really be abused, as players would still be transportted to the nearest shuttle/starport on the planet according the the group pickup location. Im not asking for group summons to the squad leaders specific coordinates. Please reconsider.

Last edited:

csr_nord

Staff member
Aug 31, 2023
Master Squad leaders should have the create group pickup range extended to 64m (rifle range), or planetary so long as at least once person is grouped with them.

Allow Master Squad leader buffs to be region/planetary wide.
Too easily abused and exploited. I think that it's a fair tradeoff to require pickup range and buffs to be in close proximity.

csr_reyna

Oct 6, 2023

Allow Master Squad leader buffs to be region/planetary wide.
I've seen first hand how this can be exploited with planetary wide buffs on another server i played on before, BHs would roll in grouped with a squad leader and hunt jedi with the planetary runs and buffs and kill jedi. Way to easily exploitable. That server eventually had to revert the planet wide buffs.

Citrine

Oct 15, 2023
Too easily abused and exploited. I think that it's a fair tradeoff to require pickup range and buffs to be in close proximity.
Master Squad Leaders abilities could improve with GCW rank? He cant be sitting on top of a guild hall shouting off commands, and the group abilities that are planetwide would only work if the MSL was S.F.

And give a waypoint the the MSL location when he/she/they spout off their abilities so that people know exactly where they are. This could be more carefully examined and tested. Perhaps make it so that bounty hunters cant join groups when on mission?

csr_nord

Staff member
Aug 31, 2023
Master Squad Leaders abilities could improve with GCW rank? He cant be sitting on top of a guild hall shouting off commands, and the group abilities that are planetwide would only work if the MSL was S.F.

And give a waypoint the the MSL location when he/she/they spout off their abilities so that people know exactly where they are. This could be more carefully examined and tested. Perhaps make it so that bounty hunters cant join groups when on mission?
I would not be in support of any expertise being directly boosted by gcw - that's what expertise and 5pc sets are for and why there are buffs directly related to gcw rank. This is undeeded and would instantly create a meta tree within our classless system. No thanks.

I don't see the need for having a group waypoint for where there is a an MSL in group. Groups are only 8 people and it should be fairly evident who is a ga.