Crafting Resource Ideas

Talverda

Oct 15, 2023
The crafting system in SWG is something the likes of which I have never seen in other games. I think it is the main reason why it keeps pulling me back year after year to this game that we all love.

Chef : the resources per item for subcomponents and finished products seems to be well balanced as far as I can tell. I have only ran Chef a couple times but never felt it to be unbalanced as far as resource quantity requirements.

Tailor : Clothing is good for subcomponents and finished products

Architect : This class is one of two that could really use some love as far as resource quantity is concern. For houses etc, it is fine to use somewhat larger quantities in my opinion based on the fact that resource quality is not needed. But for subcomponents and finished products for harvesters and other items needing Resource Quality it could use some attention paid.

Shipwright : I LOVE Shipwright, always have. I remember when shipwright came out and I jumped on it....it is awesome being able to fine tune an order for a customer and for them to be extremely happy with how it performs. Most Components in Shipwright whether subs or finished products often require top notch resources and require sometimes up to 5 stats being High Quality. As for quantity, this class has no equal for now resource hungry it is. I think that Ship chassis are close to where they need to be as far as resource requirements but the subs and individual components could use some love.

Armorsmith : I have no complaint with resource requirements, either quality or quantity for AS.

Weaponsmith : I have ran WS numerous times, the resources per credit earned potential is unequaled among crafting classes....the problem for me is that I have always had bad luck with rolls....and WS is HORRID for me to try to get those premium crafts.

Droid Engineer : One of my favorites outside of Shipwright for sure. The only thing I have ever thought about DE that could be better is to have the subs factory crates refactored to come out of factories in crates of 100 rather than 10-25.

Bio-Engineer : This class was my money maker on live. When the incubation and subs for refining came out on live, I had been playing since launch and had a huge stockpile of resources. I made more creds than I could spend making subs/consumables for BEs. Those consumables/subs could use a LOT of love in the quantity of HQ resources required to make them. A friend of mine a couple years back stated an idea for that, making the required number of resources to make each consumable item half the current value BUT doubling the amount of energy the incubators use for each session as a trade off.

RE : This has caused nightmares for anyone who has ever had to do them on a decent enough scale. I did a vast majority of the RE for <MANDO> on Chilastra not long after NGE hit, it took me 8 months of Vanilla rate RE to get the Guild outfitted....I almost quit the game because of it lol. RE is what it is, a necessary evil and I know that different servers have their base rate set differently than others but we can all figure out ways to streamline the process.

This listing is more of a flow of my perspective and thoughts, feel free to add comments for ideas etc
Have a great rest of your weekend Evolve :D