Rezec Noble

Rezec

Polarizing Figure
Staff member
Jan 21, 2023
Like many people that will find our server, Star Wars Galaxies has been apart of my life since 2003. The reason I first started taking programming classes all those years ago was because I had a dream to one day work on SWG as a developer. Sadly the official game shut down before I ever completed my college degree.

For the last many years I have tried out several of the SWG Communities that have emerged since the original leak of the source code. As someone with a programming background, any time I play on one of these servers I always have ideas creep up on me about what I would do different. I have been back and forth on launching my own project for the last 3 years. I have even been a member of the SWG Source Discord and doing open source releases here and there for small modifications.

Ultimately, here we are 4 months into the launch of Evolve. Many of the changes I have made and systems I have designed don't fit in with an existing projects because some of what I am doing is a radically different approach. SWG: Restoration may be the closest thing, but I didn't want to walk backwards towards the CU. I wanted to take things forward with re-implementing and rebuilding the multi-class system into the NGE and the Expertise System and creating the "Classless" Skill System we have now. These changes along with many quality of life improvements is something I hope really sets this server apart from many of the others.

Reactions: Grandpappy

Grandpappy

Feb 12, 2024
New Orleans, La
Like many people that will find our server, Star Wars Galaxies has been apart of my life since 2003. The reason I first started taking programming classes all those years ago was because I had a dream to one day work on SWG as a developer. Sadly the official game shut down before I ever completed my college degree.

For the last many years I have tried out several of the SWG Communities that have emerged since the original leak of the source code. As someone with a programming background, any time I play on one of these servers I always have ideas creep up on me about what I would do different. I have been back and forth on launching my own project for the last 3 years. I have even been a member of the SWG Source Discord and doing open source releases here and there for small modifications.

Ultimately, here we are 4 months into the launch of Evolve. Many of the changes I have made and systems I have designed don't fit in with an existing projects because some of what I am doing is a radically different approach. SWG: Restoration may be the closest thing, but I didn't want to walk backwards towards the CU. I wanted to take things forward with re-implementing and rebuilding the multi-class system into the NGE and the Expertise System and creating the "Classless" Skill System we have now. These changes along with many quality of life improvements is something I hope really sets this server apart from many of the others.
Hi Rezec!

I'm brand new to the server but have been playing SWG since 2005 and was originally on the Shadowfire server. I'm impressed with what you've done with your new approach and am looking forward to crafting and not being broke lol. I've been on Legends since 2018 and found the server to be excellent but a bit restrictive IMO. I hope people will find your server and it grows and I will do what I kind to facilitate that. Thanks very much!!

GP

Mar 4, 2023

Keep up the fantastic work!

Ishna

Wookiee Overlord
Nov 14, 2023
I love you, but you made my title say wookie, instead of wookiee. I cannot forgive this injustice.

• Haha
Reactions: Grandpappy