Dual wield

Kratos

May 25, 2023
This was actually a suggestion from my son wanting to be able to have dual lightsabers but would also be cool in most all melee professions and single handed ranged.
Before all the discord changes, we were in talks about it. It is possible, but the animations would be horrendous i imagine lol. also would have to implement halving the stats on the off-hand. cant be running around with 2 swords both at 1200+DPS+Full exotics .

Reactions: Rynde

Griffy

Oct 18, 2023
Before all the discord changes, we were in talks about it. It is possible, but the animations would be horrendous i imagine lol. also would have to implement halving the stats on the off-hand. cant be running around with 2 swords both at 1200+DPS+Full exotics .
Something along the lines of like half damage with offhand and both take an accuracy loss is probably where it would resonate the best.

Reactions: Rynde

Rynde

Feb 15, 2024
Pennsylvania
Something along the lines of like half damage with offhand and both take an accuracy loss is probably where it would resonate the best.
I think even if it was an appearance it would be cool, or maybe you could stat it but damage would not be increased. It would further customize someone's character look, or dual wield would be one item that is similar damage to what is available so it's not an OP item causing everyone to want it.

Rezec

Polarizing Figure
Staff member
Jan 21, 2023
I think even if it was an appearance it would be cool, or maybe you could stat it but damage would not be increased. It would further customize someone's character look, or dual wield would be one item that is similar damage to what is available so it's not an OP item causing everyone to want it.
The implementation of dual wielding is easy and we have done this in tests already, the animations however are horrendous.

For duel wielding pistols there are some existing stances I played around with that are workable because there aren't on ton of extra animations involved with holding pistols. Holding two handed melee, you are constantly doing weird things or stabbing yourself with the second weapon because no good animations exist.

For a modern engine line Unreal that uses common animations, this is easy, for SWG, I've found no open source tool that will convert normal animations to SWG's proprietary file type. If any server projects have such a tool, they aren't sharing.