Expansion to Expertise

RangerPhenom

Mar 4, 2023
Good morning Evolve-ites,

I was talking about this a few nights ago with some guildies and thought I would share it.

Allow for 3 templated builds that can be quick switched to in a drop down window in Expertise area, each can be named by the player (granted they have the required xp to switch) Increase the bankable xp for combat and Jedi xp to 3Mil as well as other xp banks caps that would allow for 1 quick swap at least. Can also put a price tag on doing a quick swap say sort of like expertise swap on live where it starts with 100k then goes up. But I would suggest putting the cooldown to reset the pricing matrix to 24hrs.

An example would be:
A player has a toon that he likes to use as a crafter as well as combat. Said Player also has gearing to allow for healer in a pinch. So said Player would have 3 builds that are named "Heals" "DPS" "Armorsmith". He would choose which build he wanted from the drop down menu and would click the execute button and the expertise would automatically switch to allow said Player to go from Armorsmith to DPS. Another possibility is to have them saved but that you must talk to one of the profession counselors to be able to execute the swap. Thanks for you consideration Evolve and please feel free to provide feedback for improving the idea. Have a great weekend :D

Fyrakin

Staff member
Nov 11, 2023
This looks like a can of worms we may not want to open to be honest.

RangerPhenom

Mar 4, 2023

I was talking about this a few nights ago with some guildies and thought I would share it.

Allow for 3 templated builds that can be quick switched to in a drop down window in Expertise area, each can be named by the player (granted they have the required xp to switch) Increase the bankable xp for combat and Jedi xp to 3Mil as well as other xp banks caps that would allow for 1 quick swap at least. Can also put a price tag on doing a quick swap say sort of like expertise swap on live where it starts with 100k then goes up. But I would suggest putting the cooldown to reset the pricing matrix to 24hrs.

An example would be:
A player has a toon that he likes to use as a crafter as well as combat. Said Player also has gearing to allow for healer in a pinch. So said Player would have 3 builds that are named "Heals" "DPS" "Armorsmith". He would choose which build he wanted from the drop down menu and would click the execute button and the expertise would automatically switch to allow said Player to go from Armorsmith to DPS. Another possibility is to have them saved but that you must talk to one of the profession counselors to be able to execute the swap. Thanks for you consideration Evolve and please feel free to provide feedback for improving the idea. Have a great weekend :D
Or perhaps have an option of 3 saved expertise but limited to 1 for combat, one for a trader and one for entertainer.

Obani

Oct 16, 2023
The Sea

An example would be:
Or perhaps make another toon.

Vikingmando

The Trickster
Staff member
Sep 15, 2023
we have 7 character slots, 8 if you have a jedi. This is a completely unnecessary change.

EllasDad

Oct 17, 2023
we have 7 character slots, 8 if you have a jedi. This is a completely unnecessary change.
Ehhhh… I wouldn’t go that far. Being able to quick swap my trader when I want to drop harvesters vs when I’m doing crafting and or RE would be handy. Also swapping my medic to buff bot mode when I’m afk. Simple things like that would be a QOL thing.

Reactions: RangerPhenom