Vehicle Upgrade Kit

whansbury93

Oct 16, 2023
On another server, there were craft-able Vehicle Upgrade Kits. These kits would make any vehicle of your choosing, top speed and handling etc. So, that being said, you could utilize one of these on your desert skiff, and suddenly, you have a speedy transport for 8 players that is also lava proof. Perhaps this could be put into the craft tables for whichever trader it makes most sense for. I would argue droid engineer or structure trader? I think it would be a very sought after item in the economy.

Mar 4, 2023
On another server, there were craft-able Vehicle Upgrade Kits. These kits would make any vehicle of your choosing, top speed and handling etc. So, that being said, you could utilize one of these on your desert skiff, and suddenly, you have a speedy transport for 8 players that is also lava proof. Perhaps this could be put into the craft tables for whichever trader it makes most sense for. I would argue droid engineer or structure trader? I think it would be a very sought after item in the economy.
I agree with this. Not only top speed and handling, but the 15k speeder HP as well. The Lava Resistance one is already on the Mustafar vendor.

Fyrakin

Staff member
Nov 11, 2023
We may come up with some way to introduce them in the future, but don't expect these kits to be permanent :). More like experimented number of calls(uses for vehicle before mods will fade away)/experimented top speed override/experimented steering), think about it like pre-NGE weapon power-ups.

Quillian

Feb 3, 2024
Athens, GA
Consumables are always good for a crafting economy but I don't bother with any temporary appearance customization kits now because they fade away. I do customize my spaceships because those are permanent.

Reactions: Shotgun Charlie

Fyrakin

Staff member
Nov 11, 2023
Well, fading cosmetics are one thing, but fading boosts is something that would be worth using.
No disrespect for other servers who implemented them, but I don't like the idea of permanent buffs.

Reactions: Shotgun Charlie