Dark Fury/ Force Lightning fix

Xaruul

Oct 30, 2023
Soo ive been doing alot of testing with dark fury and force lightning.. ive notice with or without dark fury at rank 3 frs its a 3 second cooldown period on force lightning. I have also noticed force lightning is capped(at my rank atleast) at 5428 damage unless you roll a crit and is garunteed to miss 2 out of 3 times 95% of the time the other rolls being RNG... maybe swap out on dark fury the cooldown reduction on force lightning to a chance to hit bonus with lightning to fix both? Also force shockwave either increased damage or removed from dark fury and swapped with force drain or maelstrom.

NORD

Mar 1, 2023
Soo ive been doing alot of testing with dark fury and force lightning.. ive notice with or without dark fury at rank 3 frs its a 3 second cooldown period on force lightning. I have also noticed force lightning is capped(at my rank atleast) at 5428 damage unless you roll a crit and is garunteed to miss 2 out of 3 times 95% of the time the other rolls being RNG... maybe swap out on dark fury the cooldown reduction on force lightning to a chance to hit bonus with lightning to fix both? Also force shockwave either increased damage or removed from dark fury and swapped with force drain or maelstrom.
Lightning misses, or is dodged/parried? There's a big difference between those things. Lightning is a single target ability, so it is subject to being dodged/parried.

Xaruul

Oct 30, 2023
Lightning misses, or is dodged/parried? There's a big difference between those things. Lightning is a single target ability, so it is subject to being dodged/parried.
I tested on a target dummy with only 30% dodge and 12k armors.. so in theory i should be hitting 2/3 not missing 2/3.. ntm the clear damage cap. No one is gunna have less than 20 to 30% dodge or parry soo the damage cap is broken and the numbers dont seem to add up

NORD

Mar 1, 2023
I tested on a target dummy with only 30% dodge and 12k armors.. so in theory i should be hitting 2/3 not missing 2/3.. ntm the clear damage cap. No one is gunna have less than 20 to 30% dodge or parry soo the damage cap is broken and the numbers dont seem to add up
Is lightning missing, or being dodged/parried?

Ykeer

Assistant to Tank
Staff member
Jan 19, 2024
Virginia
If lightning is single target, then that is normal, becuase they are subject to dodge/parry. Maelstrom and shockwave hit very consistently as a result of them being AOE (not subject to dodge/parry).

Reactions: NORD

NORD

Mar 1, 2023
Its a mixed bag.. out of 150 hits 46 misses and 43 dodges
RNG being RNG, honestly. Considering that lightning bypasses armor and can crit, I would suggest not giving it a guaranteed "to hit" bonus.

Xaruul

Oct 30, 2023
RNG being RNG, honestly. Considering that lightning bypasses armor and can crit, I would suggest not giving it a guaranteed "to hit" bonus.
Im not saying break it but its almost worthless to run since the cooldown reduction is worthless on DF and constantly missing in the rough number percentages.. of a full barrage it only did 18% of my damage.. maelstrom being 54% strikes and flurry being just under 30% and more hit attempts than any of the others as well

NORD

Mar 1, 2023
Im not saying break it but its almost worthless to run since the cooldown reduction is worthless on DF and constantly missing in the rough number percentages.. of a full barrage it only did 18% of my damage.. maelstrom being 54% strikes and flurry being just under 30% and more hit attempts than any of the others as well
The same could be said of many, if not all, single target abilities against certain pvp targets. That's just the nature of the beast with people having such high dodge/parry and single target attacks.

Xaruul

Oct 30, 2023
The same could be said of many, if not all, single target abilities against certain pvp targets. That's just the nature of the beast with people having such high dodge/parry and single target attacks.
I mean at the very least CDR of lightning needs swapped out its 3 sec regardless with DF or not

Griffy

Oct 18, 2023
The damage is capped per rank. It has always been like that here, it’s something that I brought up and discussed early on with Rezec. My shockwaves hit for 5k+ after armors pretty consistently and is one of my most damaging abilities over time.

Griffy

Oct 18, 2023
Although all that being said, the chance to reset should not roll off a maelstrom if it’s not going to reset maelstrom. That just forces a reset on shockwave and lightning before they are even on cooldown.