Limited use schematics

NORD

Mar 1, 2023
There some some consumable schematics such as Mandalorian Wine that are acquired via loot drops, and once learned, are permanent. I think something worthwhile to consider is having such schematics be limited use.

DWTerabyte

Mar 12, 2023
There are plenty of looted limited use schematics that only have so many uses. Trying to get rid of the very small handful of permanent provides no benefit or creates a chase. I would encourage to make some of the quested schems, like the Scythe weapon, be a part of the loot table for the Geo Cave. Since you have to farm the geo core schematic there anyway.

Limited Use Schematics

The only ones I know off hand that is permanent for Chef is the Mandalorian Wine and Corellian Fried Ice Cream.

Right

Jan 20, 2024
Long Beach, CA
Along similar lines, I was pretty surprised to see a lot of token bought schematics can be made into manufacturing schematics, thereby making the token cost essentially trivial. (E.g, creature harvestor, complete resource survey tool, space battle token parts and chassis). But I feel like genie is out of the bottle. If theres a way to get it back in I'd support it.

DWTerabyte

Mar 12, 2023
The only token bought schematic that this applies to is the complete resource survey tool when it comes to the trader token vendor. It takes space mining resources to make - so getting there to be able to not only buy the schem from the vendor and working your way to mining with space takes quite a bit of time, so there is a good trade off there.

Right

Jan 20, 2024
Long Beach, CA
The only token bought schematic that this applies to is the complete resource survey tool when it comes to the trader token vendor. It takes space mining resources to make - so getting there to be able to not only buy the schem from the vendor and working your way to mining with space takes quite a bit of time, so there is a good trade off there.
In the examples I mentioned, those include 9 different schematics that can be made into a manufacturing schem. Not just one. And this comes from experience, not assumption.

Also, the asteroid resources it takes to make a single POB part can make 62 complete resource survey tools, so its a super small amount. A single cargo hold of asteroid resources can make 275 of them. I've sold like 10 in the last 3 months.