Gaining FRS via PvE

Hellion493

Feb 5, 2024
Houston, TX
Why do people play games? The answer to that question is pretty vague and wide spread. I would argue most people play games as a pass time, blow off a little steam, escape reality for a little bit. Be in a world they can control without real life consequences. So why do WE play Star Wars Galaxies? Probably to live out our childhood fantasies to be the characters we once saw on the big screen or watching tv at home. Come on, who wouldn't want to be Boba-Fett. Point I'm making is this game gives people that opportunity to live in a fantasy world as a character they loved.

Leads me to my next question. Why are Jedi restricted to PvP? Obtaining Jedi takes no PvP at all, great! Allows for people to have more access to it, to play an iconic character they once saw at a younger age. But wait a minute, you want to be a powerful Jedi. Well that takes fighting other players. Whaaaaaaaat? Why? Because reasons. This restricts a lot of players who just want to live in a fantasy world that's been created for them to play as something they want to.

I disagree, and many others do too.

Keep the current PvP FRS system. It works well. It makes people log in their Jedi every week to gain rank and play against each other. But just totally leaving out the little guy who doesn't like to PvP shouldn't be a thing. This server's staff are pretty good about coordinating PvP events once a week. And that's great for those who want to earn fast FRS experience. But what If I miss that event, or what if I don't like to PvP? There is zero alternative to gain FRS.

What if staff implemented a way to earn FRS through PvE. And make people work for it! My suggestion would be allowing FRS to be earned via heroic instances and other bosses around the galaxy. Each instance completion would grant...let's just say 1000 FRS. Doing an entire run of OGs, that would be 5000 FRS in approximately 1.5 hours. Which would be half the 10,000 weekly requirement, in the same amount of time as someone who is earning FRS through a PvP event. At these events it is extremely common and likely you will cap your weekly FRS within the hour. Or maybe give 500 FRS each time you kill an Ancient Krayt Dragon.

Now don't give the PvE community everything. We all know the best rewards are tied behind PvP. Such as battlefield weapons, Restuss weapons, things like that. Jedi can only achieve Rank 6 by participating in PvP. They earned it, let them be the almighty glowbat on the battlefield. You can achieve ranks 1-5 via PvP or PvE, however you choose. But Rank 6 is locked behind PvP. However staff would implement that is up to them. Maybe make PvE-FRS and PvP-FRS, I don't know.

Just food for thought to let the players be something viable in the game that they've wanted to be without locking it behind playing against other people.

Reactions: Obani

Griffy

Oct 18, 2023
Why do people play games? The answer to that question is pretty vague and wide spread. I would argue most people play games as a pass time, blow off a little steam, escape reality for a little bit. Be in a world they can control without real life consequences. So why do WE play Star Wars Galaxies? Probably to live out our childhood fantasies to be the characters we once saw on the big screen or watching tv at home. Come on, who wouldn't want to be Boba-Fett. Point I'm making is this game gives people that opportunity to live in a fantasy world as a character they loved.

Leads me to my next question. Why are Jedi restricted to PvP? Obtaining Jedi takes no PvP at all, great! Allows for people to have more access to it, to play an iconic character they once saw at a younger age. But wait a minute, you want to be a powerful Jedi. Well that takes fighting other players. Whaaaaaaaat? Why? Because reasons. This restricts a lot of players who just want to live in a fantasy world that's been created for them to play as something they want to.

Keep the current PvP FRS system. It works well. It makes people log in their Jedi every week to gain rank and play against each other. But just totally leaving out the little guy who doesn't like to PvP shouldn't be a thing. This server's staff are pretty good about coordinating PvP events once a week. And that's great for those who want to earn fast FRS experience. But what If I miss that event, or what if I don't like to PvP? There is zero alternative to gain FRS.

What if staff implemented a way to earn FRS through PvE. And make people work for it! My suggestion would be allowing FRS to be earned via heroic instances and other bosses around the galaxy. Each instance completion would grant...let's just say 1000 FRS. Doing an entire run of OGs, that would be 5000 FRS in approximately 1.5 hours. Which would be half the 10,000 weekly requirement, in the same amount of time as someone who is earning FRS through a PvP event. At these events it is extremely common and likely you will cap your weekly FRS within the hour. Or maybe give 500 FRS each time you kill an Ancient Krayt Dragon.

Now don't give the PvE community everything. We all know the best rewards are tied behind PvP. Such as battlefield weapons, Restuss weapons, things like that. Jedi can only achieve Rank 6 by participating in PvP. They earned it, let them be the almighty glowbat on the battlefield. You can achieve ranks 1-5 via PvP or PvE, however you choose. But Rank 6 is locked behind PvP. However staff would implement that is up to them. Maybe make PvE-FRS and PvP-FRS, I don't know.

Just food for thought to let the players be something viable in the game that they've wanted to be without locking it behind playing against other people.
Jedi who PvE don’t need the ranks to be successful in PvE. They are already a ton stronger than regular NGE Jedi and the only reason FRS was added was to level the playing field between Jedi and non-Jedi utilizing a system that requires somewhat of a challenge.

The system has already been dumbed down and made way easier than launch Jedi so achieving ranks and maintaining them are easier than ever before.

Reactions: PuddinPantz

PuddinPantz

Apr 11, 2023
Jedi who PvE don’t need the ranks to be successful in PvE. They are already a ton stronger than regular NGE Jedi and the only reason FRS was added was to level the playing field between Jedi and non-Jedi utilizing a system that requires somewhat of a challenge.

The system has already been dumbed down and made way easier than launch Jedi so achieving ranks and maintaining them are easier than ever before.
100% agree with Griffy on this one.

Rezec

Polarizing Figure
Staff member
Jan 21, 2023
This topic has been beat to death. Early on ALL Jedi were pretty much attackable if they have a saber or robes equipped.

After much debate FRS Jedi and non-FRS Jedi were split.

FRS has ALWAYS been about PvP on every server that has an FRS system.

Jedi are very capable in PvE without joining the FRS.

Kratos

May 25, 2023
Even Rezec himself said Jedi FRS was specifically tied to PVP only. Padawan Jedi are just as strong in any PvE setting. Way stronger than base NGE Jedi. Even myself personally, Id take someone using Cheese Procs or has massive damage over a R6 jedi in any PvE setting

EDIT:Boss man replied as I posted lol

Reactions: NORD

Griffy

Oct 18, 2023
This topic has been beat to death. Early on ALL Jedi were pretty much attackable if they have a saber or robes equipped.

After much debate FRS Jedi and non-FRS Jedi were split.

FRS has ALWAYS been about PvP on every server that has an FRS system.

Jedi are very capable in PvE without joining the FRS.
And honestly it’s much more of a PITA on other servers to maintain because it requires killing Jedi and taking over their spots in the high ranking FRS. Here you show up do a single night of PvP and you’re capped for the week with almost zero effort.

Reactions: Kratos

UnaZero34

New New Kid
Staff member
May 29, 2023
United States
A PvE jedi is still a jedi nontheless with that being said its still a pretty good tank in PvE. Why in the world would they need +500 of each stat(ik im over exaggerating) the whole point behind FRS was to make jedi the alpha pvp class. hince the stat increasments with the robes. with that being said. No im not in support of this.

Hellion493

Feb 5, 2024
Houston, TX
A PvE jedi is still a jedi nontheless with that being said its still a pretty good tank in PvE. Why in the world would they need +500 of each stat(ik im over exaggerating) the whole point behind FRS was to make jedi the alpha pvp class. hince the stat increasments with the robes. with that being said. No im not in support of this.
I'm sure the whole point of FRS was to make Jedi the alpha pvp class. But they definitely are not! Was just a thought to provide a stronger class for those who can't pvp when it's going on or for those who don't like to pvp. When we do pvp events it's pretty rare to see someone who plays in the UK to show up because of how late it is. Things like that

Griffy

Oct 18, 2023
I'm sure the whole point of FRS was to make Jedi the alpha pvp class. But they definitely are not! Was just a thought to provide a stronger class for those who can't pvp when it's going on or for those who don't like to pvp. When we do pvp events it's pretty rare to see someone who plays in the UK to show up because of how late it is. Things like that
I forget when you came but they were pretty strong at first, nobody made it to r5 and r6 before those were nerfed so we didn’t even get to see the 120% total damage bonus at r6. I’d assume the work behind the scenes on Jedi currently will put them in a better place. But as you say for now they are definitely lackluster.

Hellion493

Feb 5, 2024
Houston, TX
I forget when you came but they were pretty strong at first, nobody made it to r5 and r6 before those were nerfed so we didn’t even get to see the 120% total damage bonus at r6. I’d assume the work behind the scenes on Jedi currently will put them in a better place. But as you say for now they are definitely lackluster.
I came here approximately two months ago. Fresh meat. I don't exactly know when they became lesser because as I was starting out I couldn't do much anyways. To my knowledge I arrived just after Choke was nerfed with a recourse. To add to Jedi being lackluster without making another thread and spamming this channel, it's been mentioned that jedi would get some love in the near future to bring them back up to alpha status. But just rumors, can't confirm anything from my conversations.

Rimy

Feb 5, 2024
Texas

PvE jedi here can really only be tanks, damage is lacking terribly when compared to other dps profs. I see the chatter about revamping them in the future which is cool, I'll wait.

Wasabi

Mar 30, 2024
Oklahoma

Ironically, I have one PvP kill, and points from that kill toward GCW rank, yet I have not gone SF, nor have I fired a shot in anger, and in fact am on leave. It seems, if you are in a faction, even if you are on leave, just being near pvp earns you credit. Mine came by way of blowing through Mos Eisley on my speeder right as some poor unfortunate sole was killed.

Reactions: windshadow0177

Hellion493

Feb 5, 2024
Houston, TX
Ironically, I have one PvP kill, and points from that kill toward GCW rank, yet I have not gone SF, nor have I fired a shot in anger, and in fact am on leave. It seems, if you are in a faction, even if you are on leave, just being near pvp earns you credit. Mine came by way of blowing through Mos Eisley on my speeder right as some poor unfortunate sole was killed.
Yes. Vicinity GCW gain is enabled and you'll get some without having to hit the victim. But for FRS I believe you have to actually make contact with them to get the FRS upon their death.

Draskon

Dec 30, 2023
Mine came by way of blowing through Mos Eisley on my speeder right as some poor unfortunate sole was killed.
So now even the Empire has resorted to killing a broke, unlucky shoe in Mos Eisley? Times really are tough.

Rynde

Feb 15, 2024
Pennsylvania
I actually agree with this for a number of reasons but mainly the state of the current jedi. You say they are more powerful in pve but so is every other build ever on this server, your still better playing a non jedi character due t versatility/ range oh yea overall power, however there is something to unlocking and playing a Jedi. Additionally when I first started as a jedi i'll never forget the quote of one of my pretty known guildmates who no longer plays jedi said "a rank 6 jedi can compete with the other classes" so it is the only class that you have to work at to get, and then are also forced to compete for FRS to gain and maintain your rank or lose it to decay then have a higher bounty put on your head to get smoked again after pvp. I love it and hate it and i guess at the end of the day the class just needs some love which sounds like its coming some time in the future but again given the current state I totally understand this suggestion.

DWTerabyte

Mar 12, 2023
After testing it out on the current version of the Test Center, my only suggestion - instead of being able to be an entertainer, I would rather have access to the crafting professions instead. Since you get a resource quality buff from the meditate ability.

Reactions: PuddinPantz

PuddinPantz

Apr 11, 2023
After testing it out on the current version of the Test Center, my only suggestion - instead of being able to be an entertainer, I would rather have access to the crafting professions instead. Since you get a resource quality buff from the meditate ability.
I actually kind of like this idea, id totally turn my jedi to a craft lol