Neutral Ship Mass

Vikingmando

The Trickster
Staff member
Sep 15, 2023
As we all know some of the neutral pilot ships had mass increases on another server. Yes that broke a lot of mechanics in terms of people cramming mining capacitors meant for POBs into fighters. But it wasn't the mass increase that broke the mechanics, it was the amount of mass that the ships were increased by. I'm suggesting a mass increase for neutral ships to make them some of the less desirable ones more useful, but not to the extent of a certain other server.

Kimogila
Vanilla 210k
Legends 289k
Suggestion 240k

Ixiyen
Vanilla 178k
Legends 259k
Suggestion 200k

Rihkxyrk
Vanilla 190k
Legends 269k
Suggestion 220k

M22-T Krayt
Vanilla 210k
Legends 329k
Suggestion 280k

The suggestions I have are based on experience of flying these ships in the past, There resource cost to craft the chassis, and when they are available to use to an up and coming ace.
I'm going to talk about the Kimogila vs the Krayt here because they are very similar ships.

The Kimogila has 3 weapon slots and 2 ordnance slots and can be used after completing the 6th box of Neutral Pilot. The Krayt has 4 weapon slots and 1 ordnance slot and can only be used by an Ace Pilot. There Acceleration, Deceleration, PYR rate and speed modifier are identical.

The resource cost for these 2 competing ships are as follows

Kimogila
12k Steel
6k Low-grade Ore
3k Inert Petrochem
3k Aluminum
3k Iron
3k Fiberplast

Krayt
70k Steel
20k Low-grade Ore
10k Inert Petrochem
10k Aluminum
10k Iron
10k Fiberplast
10k Siliclastic Ore
10k Copper

Even if the Ixiyen or the Rixi dont get touched. I would say that the difference in these two ships, between resource cost and ability to use definitely justify the means in terms of a mass increase. Not to mention Neutral ships overall are heavier, and clunkier compared to their more nimble factional counterparts.

Last edited: