Few things that might make the game better or last longer.

mike6

Oct 8, 2023
1. putting decay on everything.
reasoning- people will run out of items to buy on small servers and crafters wont have any new markets for them. putting decay on everything will have the constant need to buy items and giving crafters something to work for, also this lets all the PVE items to be sold to the crafters keeping the economy going.

2. multi accounting
making it 1 account per person and 7 toons while making it 3/4 toons online at once. i feel its kind of a no brainer.

3. increasing the drop rates(making stuff harder to get)
making everything harder to get is something i think would make the economy healthier. these drop rates seem to be meant for a server pop much much greater then ours.

4. increasing the health we have
pvp is close to shit right now with these 1 hit builds. more health will make it more of a skill based game again.

Reactions: Puddles

TheCat

Oct 19, 2023
1. putting decay on everything.
reasoning- people will run out of items to buy on small servers and crafters wont have any new markets for them. putting decay on everything will have the constant need to buy items and giving crafters something to work for, also this lets all the PVE items to be sold to the crafters keeping the economy going.

2. multi accounting
making it 1 account per person and 7 toons while making it 3/4 toons online at once. i feel its kind of a no brainer.

3. increasing the drop rates(making stuff harder to get)
making everything harder to get is something i think would make the economy healthier. these drop rates seem to be meant for a server pop much much greater then ours.

4. increasing the health we have
pvp is close to shit right now with these 1 hit builds. more health will make it more of a skill based game again.
1- If there were a glut of items for sale in the world, sure, maybe. As it is now, there's a wide open market to make and sell things. So much so, most things are done special order vs being a stocked vendor. There's no benefit right now to breaking everyone's things, replacements just aren't commonplace. Maybe once there server cap on things has increased and it's more available, but right now, where's the fun in this?

2- I mean, it's a long debate on another thread that's up to the server admin to sort and decide on. Not going to rehash others points on that

3- I go back to 'where's the fun'. Grinding... while some love it, others hate it... there isn't a ton of credits in filling your socks with loot and beating a vendor to death with it... they are limited to how much they'll buy... and anything that would auction really isn't any different than crafted goods, it's worth what someone will pay for it and not more.. and additionally there is a fee to listing items which helps the economy by removing credits from circulation.

4- Wouldn't know, but remember that adding anything in pvp affects pve too.. and I witnessed characters taking on CL160 mobs that were hitting me for over 20k and dropping me, while they stood face to knee with them and take those hits like they were being swung on by a toddler having a tantrum.

There's no point chasing shadows at this point, not even a month into the server and problems are still mostly personal play preference at this point, and I'm sure Rez is watching for hot spots, hence why he's caught several exploits pretty quickly. If things start becoming stagnant, I suspect changes will be quickly coming.

mike6

Oct 8, 2023
1- If there were a glut of items for sale in the world, sure, maybe. As it is now, there's a wide open market to make and sell things. So much so, most things are done special order vs being a stocked vendor. There's no benefit right now to breaking everyone's things, replacements just aren't commonplace. Maybe once there server cap on things has increased and it's more available, but right now, where's the fun in this?

2- I mean, it's a long debate on another thread that's up to the server admin to sort and decide on. Not going to rehash others points on that

3- I go back to 'where's the fun'. Grinding... while some love it, others hate it... there isn't a ton of credits in filling your socks with loot and beating a vendor to death with it... they are limited to how much they'll buy... and anything that would auction really isn't any different than crafted goods, it's worth what someone will pay for it and not more.. and additionally there is a fee to listing items which helps the economy by removing credits from circulation.

4- Wouldn't know, but remember that adding anything in pvp affects pve too.. and I witnessed characters taking on CL160 mobs that were hitting me for over 20k and dropping me, while they stood face to knee with them and take those hits like they were being swung on by a toddler having a tantrum.

There's no point chasing shadows at this point, not even a month into the server and problems are still mostly personal play preference at this point, and I'm sure Rez is watching for hot spots, hence why he's caught several exploits pretty quickly. If things start becoming stagnant, I suspect changes will be quickly coming.
there aren't many items for sale because each guild basically supplies themselves. not many people are buying from others. On a small server having decay will get people to continue to get resources and craft items and have a constant flow of the need for PVE and crafting.

and the increasing drop rates. the servers been up for maybe a month, and we are already fully geared with multiple 5p sets along with countless ig dented heads, ace packs and many more items. once you get it in the few runs you need to do, what is left to do? things should be harder to get.

and I do see a point in changing things now. if people play here get everything, they need fairly fast, they will leave and play on another server. most likely people wont come back knowing how easy everything is to get.

also, adding health isn't going to change anything, you don't need armor or anything to run any content here due to having 135 skill points. the challenging content hasn't come yet so he can base it on the new health levels.

Rezec

Polarizing Figure
Staff member
Jan 21, 2023
there aren't many items for sale because each guild basically supplies themselves. not many people are buying from others. On a small server having decay will get people to continue to get resources and craft items and have a constant flow of the need for PVE and crafting.

and the increasing drop rates. the servers been up for maybe a month, and we are already fully geared with multiple 5p sets along with countless ig dented heads, ace packs and many more items. once you get it in the few runs you need to do, what is left to do? things should be harder to get.

and I do see a point in changing things now. if people play here get everything, they need fairly fast, they will leave and play on another server. most likely people wont come back knowing how easy everything is to get.

also, adding health isn't going to change anything, you don't need armor or anything to run any content here due to having 135 skill points. the challenging content hasn't come yet so he can base it on the new health levels.

There seems to be a huge misunderstanding with some of the newer players coming over that didn't follow the development of this server over the last year.

Nearly everything in game now is stuff that people have played over and over the last 20 years. EVERY single patch that we have done has included QoL to make things easier on people.

It is 100% by design because everyone here has started over multiple times on multiple servers.

We are working on new content, hard modes, more PvP content, etc and that is the END GAME. Nothing in game now should be considered End Game, this is recycled content that everyone has done.

The calls from some of the player base to make things more difficult, to take things away from players, to add more time sinks, is a completely 180 from anything that has ever been stated or changed in any patch notes, so it feels like the players asking for that ended up on the wrong server.

We have a link to Restoration on our home page, if you want to invest more time and work harder to grind things, they already have a server that caters to that type of player.

On that note, a version of Decay with repair kits and non-breakage of items has been talked about multiple times and the code is already written for it, but it would have to be something that a majority of the community wants to see.