Player build ?

After being involved in two pvp scenarios I have realized that my character can not compete and I am curious if it is because of the Alpha Jedi class or if I just need desperately to increase my armor, weapons, make a full suit of 35's and so forth. I can say that not only was I completely squishy I was barely able to even record any damage on the jedi. I do know I have a ways to go for equipment but I will also say it was quite discouraging. I am working on collecting materials for equipment as there is basically nothing that can be purchased at this time. Maybe my character needs a revamp or maybe I just need to focus on making that jump to jedi which I think is a much longer process for a casual player than most deem it to be. I do like that fact that it is earned and not given but at the moment the server is driven by all Jedi, just looking for some incite or suggestions to be relevant in the in game experiences.

Vikingmando

The Trickster
Staff member
Sep 15, 2023
After being involved in two pvp scenarios I have realized that my character can not compete and I am curious if it is because of the Alpha Jedi class or if I just need desperately to increase my armor, weapons, make a full suit of 35's and so forth. I can say that not only was I completely squishy I was barely able to even record any damage on the jedi. I do know I have a ways to go for equipment but I will also say it was quite discouraging. I am working on collecting materials for equipment as there is basically nothing that can be purchased at this time. Maybe my character needs a revamp or maybe I just need to focus on making that jump to jedi which I think is a much longer process for a casual player than most deem it to be. I do like that fact that it is earned and not given but at the moment the server is driven by all Jedi, just looking for some incite or suggestions to be relevant in the in game experiences.

There is a learning curve to character builds, as for gear yes there is a lack of "readily available goods" for credits. However there are tons of crafters on the server who offer their services if you post what you're looking for. As for build help there are people you can reach out to. If you're imperial ISB (formerly WoNK) may be a good choice, Rebel I suggest reaching out to the guild ronin. They have some really good PvPers that can help you with builds.

Reactions: korriin

Ykeer

Assistant to Tank
Staff member
Jan 19, 2024
Virginia
I fully main non-jedi. A good understanding of game mechanics are needed to compete however. The lack of damage is a result of never hitting them, consider looking into ways to guarantee hits, or use AOEs instead for the time being. Lack of survivability can be fixed with a solid gear set up/ expertise build. There are many people who are making stuff. But, they usually only do orders, rather than stocking a vendor. Reach out in discord, and see who you can find. Don't get discouraged if it takes a couple days!

Reactions: korriin

Griffy

Oct 18, 2023
I have builds that can beat Jedi or at the very least go toe to toe with even the best of them and be stalemated. A good portion is skill but there are also specific things you need to be building in your expertise, to further aid your skill. Which comes from knowledge and experience. The biggest issue people are calling Jedi Alpha and I think its because they don’t have as many things they can spec into expertise tree wise so 95% of them are built the exact same whereas it’s much harder to fully build yourself as a non-jedi with all of the trees you can go down. Much much easier to get lost and not get the full potential.

Rynde

Feb 15, 2024
Pennsylvania
I have builds that can beat Jedi or at the very least go toe to toe with even the best of them and be stalemated. A good portion is skill but there are also specific things you need to be building in your expertise, to further aid your skill. Which comes from knowledge and experience. The biggest issue people are calling Jedi Alpha and I think its because they don’t have as many things they can spec into expertise tree wise so 95% of them are built the exact same whereas it’s much harder to fully build yourself as a non-jedi with all of the trees you can go down. Much much easier to get lost and not get the full potential.
Well this is encouraging to know for sure, Upgrading a weapon already has made a difference, also I was unaware that you could actually craft augments and i was able to make 10 x 35's last night ill get the rest done this evening, just not sure where to put the stats, also still need the armor to put it in.