Make ME "great again"

Rynde

Feb 15, 2024
Pennsylvania
ME is really the center of the SWG universe and I will say as a newer player it is a little concerning on the fact that there is literally no one in ME. ME was always and will continue to be the hub of the galaxy, whether it was to get an ENT buff or Med buff at the space station, it was always the place to be. As a brand new player you will be thrusted into the front of the space port with several questions, one mainly being "is this server worth playing". With the lack of presence in the most notable place in this game I think we are being prematurely perceived as a slow server however the people who play through can tell you otherwise. Additionally we have to be able to cater to the casual player because they are the ones that will bring their friends and tell everyone how awesome it is. They will also be the ones to bring new credits into the economy to rank and build up as opposed to FRS and bounty boards. I understand the the concept of the server however new players struggle to get money while veteran players generate millions and millions of credits to kill jedi. Either way, I would like to see a presence in ME even if it is completely fictitious to greet new player and help guide them on their way.

Vikingmando

The Trickster
Staff member
Sep 15, 2023
Disagree, we need to make Coronet the hub again like it was in pre-cu. It was the OG hub. Lots of amazing memories there.

Reactions: Obani

Rynde

Feb 15, 2024
Pennsylvania
that is fine and if that is the case when new characters spawn have them spawn there, it is unlikely cause the legacy quest is in ME. It can be really anywhere but has to be consistent, what does that character see in the first 24 hours of their existence. Their opinion will be formed very quickly and if we are lucky they will stay

NORD

Mar 1, 2023
ME is really the center of the SWG universe and I will say as a newer player it is a little concerning on the fact that there is literally no one in ME. ME was always and will continue to be the hub of the galaxy, whether it was to get an ENT buff or Med buff at the space station, it was always the place to be. As a brand new player you will be thrusted into the front of the space port with several questions, one mainly being "is this server worth playing". With the lack of presence in the most notable place in this game I think we are being prematurely perceived as a slow server however the people who play through can tell you otherwise. Additionally we have to be able to cater to the casual player because they are the ones that will bring their friends and tell everyone how awesome it is. They will also be the ones to bring new credits into the economy to rank and build up as opposed to FRS and bounty boards. I understand the the concept of the server however new players struggle to get money while veteran players generate millions and millions of credits to kill jedi. Either way, I would like to see a presence in ME even if it is completely fictitious to greet new player and help guide them on their way.
How would we go about making Mos Eisley "great again"?

Rezec

Polarizing Figure
Staff member
Jan 21, 2023
Other servers do this by using restrictions like making ME Cantina the ONLY place you can earn entertainer tokens, we didn't do that because that isn't fun.

This concept really depends on what era you started playing SWG. Back in the day player cities were hubs where you and your closet pals could do everything and didn't need to hang out in ME. That's really our goal post.

Reactions: Draskon

Draskon

Dec 30, 2023
I think a better player onboarding process to show the ropes than what the Legacy quest or even NGE tutorial offered would be a huge help, but that would take a great degree of unnecessary resources. While sure, Mos Eisley is bustling in other servers, 95% of the toons there are bots, so it's not really as thriving as one might think; at least if we're talking in terms of the modern emu experience.

But as others have said, the hubs will be where they form most naturally, and player cities feel like that's where they're going for the moment, which is wonderful imo.

NORD

Mar 1, 2023
I think a better player onboarding process to show the ropes than what the Legacy quest or even NGE tutorial offered would be a huge help, but that would take a great degree of unnecessary resources. While sure, Mos Eisley is bustling in other servers, 95% of the toons there are bots, so it's not really as thriving as one might think; at least if we're talking in terms of the modern emu experience.

But as others have said, the hubs will be where they form most naturally, and player cities feel like that's where they're going for the moment, which is wonderful imo.
The wiki will end up being that. It's a better ROI than dev time.

Rynde

Feb 15, 2024
Pennsylvania
Other servers do this by using restrictions like making ME Cantina the ONLY place you can earn entertainer tokens, we didn't do that because that isn't fun.

This concept really depends on what era you started playing SWG. Back in the day player cities were hubs where you and your closet pals could do everything and didn't need to hang out in ME. That's really our goal post.
I absolutely love this idea, and I will say that some of the time that does happen, as we are preparing for PVP or an OG run we are in our guild barn buffing up. The other times I have a character that is completely dedicated to buffing my main character, so I don't even leave my house. Yes there are bots but they not only show activity but also help out the players that do not have those resources yet or maybe don't want to obtain them. This server has a very helpful community but a very weird economy, there is almost a black market and no need for people to craft unless asked. All I am saying after going through my first month and being an outsider looking in, had I not reached out on the forums and joined my guild, I would have given up a long time ago. Wherever the host area is, it should be a hub for players to flock to and create tef battles just because they landed there, not because they had artificial bounties placed on them. New players need to know there is an economy and have the opportunity to thrive, I think this server does a great job creating opportunities to keep veteran players with events but has little focus on new player acquisition as well as retention, if you search through forums of ratings of other servers they are directly evaluated on population and activity and I truly believe this will be something that can or will bring and keep new players, that is the true challenge. This is what legends has done well and should be a lesson that we can learn from because honestly this is the standard we have to compare to. If you can not grab a player in the first week they will likely go to the next server because there are honestly a lot of options. This is also the reason I made a beginners playing guide because it is quite confusing how to level up and play on this server and I have actually had people reach out to me and thank me for doing so. I know there are a ton of things to focus on with a new server and being relatively new resources need to be best placed in the hands of power and all factors need to be taken into consideration but should we want this server to flourish like I would like to see I believe we have a challenge here that is completely being overlooked, this is just a suggestion to help in that regards.