Strikethrough how to defend?

Rynde

Feb 15, 2024
Pennsylvania
Crit reduction is specific to a crit hit, so this would not defend against ST. I don't think there is really a specific defense to ST, you would be best to stack block/ parry or IMO the best thing to do is also to stack ST and create a stronger offense to out DPS your opponent with the same juice they are using. The ST build sounds as if it will likely be nerfed soon but for the time being I think the best avenue is to fight fire with fire.

Yatoya

Mar 2, 2024
USA
I don't think there is really a specific defense to ST

So Rynde what you are saying is ST has no defense.

That would follow this relationship to ST and CRIT from swg legends under combat.

ST > Crit > Dodge, parry, block.

Yet I find also this statement for ST defense but its very vague.
"Strikethrough Chance: Determines the chance to deal a Strikethrough hit on successful critical hits." - swg fandom

This would suggest
Crit > ST

If ST is unable to be defended then it seems like it is a broken stat. Should be nerfed, possibly with a hard cap.

Would be nice if we had our own wiki that explains SWG Evolve combat layers.

Griffy

Oct 18, 2023
So Rynde what you are saying is ST has no defense.

That would follow this relationship to ST and CRIT from swg legends under combat.

ST > Crit > Dodge, parry, block.

Yet I find also this statement for ST defense but its very vague.
"Strikethrough Chance: Determines the chance to deal a Strikethrough hit on successful critical hits." - swg fandom

This would suggest
Crit > ST

If ST is unable to be defended then it seems like it is a broken stat. Should be nerfed, possibly with a hard cap.

Would be nice if we had our own wiki that explains SWG Evolve combat layers.
Strikethrough rolls first and then crit. Critical takes your strikethrough chance + your critical chance and adds them for the critical roll. So essentially it rolls a d100 and if that number is higher than your strikethrough chance it then goes to check your critical roll which is usually higher. This is where chr comes in hand for the defender. If strikethrough fails the roll and you have enough chr to cancel the critical chance out completely the attacker has now failed both strikethrough and critical rolls. It works this way on EVERY single server using NGE source because that’s how it’s been written.

The counter to strikethrough is dodge, parry and block. Dodge/parry being the better rolls in negating it completely and block being a portion of its damage blocked, this is better with the more value and strength you have. If your argument is that strikethrough is kicking your ass right now then just counter it with dodge. Everything is getting a harder DR but I’ve got no problem surviving current strikethrough abuse with dodge, LOS, defensives and removing debuffs that amplify the attacker rolls.

Yatoya

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Strikethrough rolls first and then crit. Critical takes your strikethrough chance + your critical chance and adds them for the critical roll. So essentially it rolls a d100 and if that number is higher than your strikethrough chance it then goes to check your critical roll which is usually higher. This is where chr comes in hand for the defender. If strikethrough fails the roll and you have enough chr to cancel the critical chance out completely the attacker has now failed both strikethrough and critical rolls. It works this way on EVERY single server using NGE source because that’s how it’s been written.

The counter to strikethrough is dodge, parry and block. Dodge/parry being the better rolls in negating it completely and block being a portion of its damage blocked, this is better with the more value and strength you have. If your argument is that strikethrough is kicking your ass right now then just counter it with dodge. Everything is getting a harder DR but I’ve got no problem surviving current strikethrough abuse with dodge, LOS, defensives and removing debuffs that amplify the attacker rolls.
Thank you Griffy,

This is the information I wanted verified. Allows me to move forward my build to better Tank.