Changing Squad Leader Buffs

Hellion493

Feb 5, 2024
Houston, TX
Before the Combat Evolved update, Squad Leader buffs were about as overpowered as you can get. I'm extremely pleased to see you can't off-planet buff yourself anymore, that is a true blessing. However, I don't know if this was intentional or not, currently most SL buffs override each other.

Scatter and Charge have always been set to override each other. 100% agree with this, keep them separate. Together they are too strong. But at least you can always have one up and running (with a GA set). But the other buffs such as Toughen, still override Scatter and Charge? Why? Those buffs are not overpowered. Maybe all the buffs together absolutely. This also makes the SL kind of a pointless support class to actually play. Because you can only use one of the, what, 7 buffs at a time.

My suggestion: keep scatter and charge as is. But allow at least one of the other buffs to be active as well when either of those are. The idea of using all 7 at once is absurd and would be overpowered. But at least allow scatter and toughen to be active at the same time. Or charge and one of the other ones.

This would bring the SL support to life and whereas currently they're mostly used for the four static buffs and procing action (which is HUGE, agreed) but they have group buffs for a reason. Yet we can't use them to their viable potential.

Reactions: Right

Griffy

Oct 18, 2023
Before the Combat Evolved update, Squad Leader buffs were about as overpowered as you can get. I'm extremely pleased to see you can't off-planet buff yourself anymore, that is a true blessing. However, I don't know if this was intentional or not, currently most SL buffs override each other.

Scatter and Charge have always been set to override each other. 100% agree with this, keep them separate. Together they are too strong. But at least you can always have one up and running (with a GA set). But the other buffs such as Toughen, still override Scatter and Charge? Why? Those buffs are not overpowered. Maybe all the buffs together absolutely. This also makes the SL kind of a pointless support class to actually play. Because you can only use one of the, what, 7 buffs at a time.

My suggestion: keep scatter and charge as is. But allow at least one of the other buffs to be active as well when either of those are. The idea of using all 7 at once is absurd and would be overpowered. But at least allow scatter and toughen to be active at the same time. Or charge and one of the other ones.

This would bring the SL support to life and whereas currently they're mostly used for the four static buffs and procing action (which is HUGE, agreed) but they have group buffs for a reason. Yet we can't use them to their viable potential.
Agree with this. The 4 SL buffs should be separate from charge and scatter and only overwrite each other.

Rezec

Polarizing Figure
Staff member
Jan 21, 2023
This is an easy change and one we can implement in the next patch. The idea was the make the choice meaningful and not just have a SL on follow as a buff bot, spamming buffs.

Hellion493

Feb 5, 2024
Houston, TX
This is an easy change and one we can implement in the next patch. The idea was the make the choice meaningful and not just have a SL on follow as a buff bot, spamming buffs.
Nor should they be allowed to spam them. Completely agree. The SL will still need to make a judgement call on which ones to use. but more helpful to the team. I don't believe allowing any of the other 5 to be on the same time as scatter or charge will be overpowered and break the game.