Free Flight Control Panel for space activities

loganskenove

Nov 6, 2023
Spain
swgtools.com
Something that just occurred to me looking at the overloads section...

Back in my days on Beyond, I wrote an all-overloads macro so that no matter what level a particular pilot was, it would cycle through all of the overloads so you didn't have to bother with keeping the individual buttons on the toolbar... You just run the one macro after launch/when you repaired and overloads were dumped. Core text of the macro at the end of this message.

What mechanism are you using to run the overloads in your panel? Would it be feasible for you to integrate them into a sin
/pause 2;
/droid droidcommand_reactoroverloadtwo;
/pause 2;
/droid droidcommand_reactoroverloadone;
/pause 2;
/droid droidcommand_engineoverloadfour;
/pause 2;
/droid droidcommand_engineoverloadthree;
/pause 2;
/droid droidcommand_engineoverloadtwo;
/pause 2;
/droid droidcommand_engineoverloadone;
/pause 2;
/droid droidcommand_weaponoverloadfour;
/pause 2;
/droid droidcommand_weaponoverloadthree;
/pause 2;
/droid droidcommand_weaponoverloadtwo;
/pause 2;
/droid droidcommand_weaponoverloadone;
/pause 2;
/droid droidcommand_weapcappowerupfour;
/pause 2;
/droid droidcommand_weapcappowerupthree;
/pause 2;
/droid droidcommand_weapcappoweruptwo;
/pause 2;
/droid droidcommand_weapcappowerupone;
/pause 2;
This is an excellent idea.
I have test it and works. Some improvements:
In stead of creating an unique button, I will maintain one button for each overload type. Each button will cycle over its own overload type till found the loaded one into the droid. I think this is a better way because wating for the execution of 16 commands takes too long. In the other hand, the pilot feel more control over the ship panel.

An additional advantage is, we will be able to use toolbar F1 to F5 for other functions than overloads.

And more: Once the whole panel do not use the toolbar, pilots would be only worried on having the droid chips loaded. No more worries about toolbar configuration in Space....

I am modifying the panel right now.... will release the new one in a few

Very good and usefull idea my friend.

Last edited:
Reactions: windshadow0177

loganskenove

Nov 6, 2023
Spain
swgtools.com
I am gonna tell you more windshadow0177.

Your addition opened my mind.
Being this panel a "non factional" panel , must be universal, but the factional buttons can be used as droid commands or as ability depending on your faction.

Because of this....
I am adding a cycle search for all factional abilities. So , for example, if you are imperial, you can not execute IFF by your self, so u need a chip loaded. The IFF button will search in you abilities first, and if do not find it then will try an iff droid command.
By this way we definitely solve the commads/droid chips and will be much more easy to configure your ship, i think.

This is the Theory. Now i am testing if will work or not in all cases....

loganskenove

Nov 6, 2023
Spain
swgtools.com
Unfourtunally i have not found a command in the commands available list to make, for example, iff on a droid command... If i am not wrong, there is no way to do that thing unless, devs allow it under certain circumstances (being Ace of Ace, for example) as i have read in the suggestions channels an discussions.
If someday happens, I would add those commands/droid to the panels.

Anyway, I will add whatever is possible right now, to the panel

Draskon

Dec 30, 2023
Unfourtunally i have not found a command in the commands available list to make, for example, iff on a droid command... If i am not wrong, there is no way to do that thing unless, devs allow it under certain circumstances (being Ace of Ace, for example) as i have read in the suggestions channels an discussions.
If someday happens, I would add those commands/droid to the panels.

Anyway, I will add whatever is possible right now, to the panel
Correct, IFF is not a droid command, it's a pilot skill that Neutrals and Rebels can use.

None of the pilot abilities can be assigned to droid command chips. The only "emergency" droid command is emergency shields, but that behaves differently to the pilot ability of a very similar name.

Currently programmable droid commands are:

- Component Normalize - Resets overloads or tuning back to defaults.
- Component Tuning - Decreases the statistics of the specified component to make it drain the reactor/capacitor less, while also being less effective.
- Component Overloads - Increases stats at the cost of higher reactor/capacitor drain.
- Shield Reinforce Front/Rear - Moves a portion of shield energy toward the front or rear.
- Capacitor to Shield Shunt - Takes a portion of your capacitor energy and pushes it into your shields.
- Shield Adjust Front/Rear - Changes the ratio of Front/Rear shield capacity. Adjusting to the front increases the maximum shield strength of the front while decreasing the rear, for example.
- Emergency Shields Front/Rear - A combination command of Shield Reinforce and Capacitor to Shield Shunt.
- Hyperspace chip for Deep Space (Rebel/Imperial faction locked)
- Hyperspace chip for Kessel system.
- Mute the droid/flight computer - Need I say mo-

Emergency power to shields takes power from every other component, typically disabling everything except the engines and increases the shield recharge rate... tremendously.

loganskenove

Nov 6, 2023
Spain
swgtools.com
Correct, IFF is not a droid command, it's a pilot skill that Neutrals and Rebels can use.

None of the pilot abilities can be assigned to droid command chips. The only "emergency" droid command is emergency shields, but that behaves differently to the pilot ability of a very similar name.

Currently programmable droid commands are:

- Component Normalize - Resets overloads or tuning back to defaults.
- Component Tuning - Decreases the statistics of the specified component to make it drain the reactor/capacitor less, while also being less effective.
- Component Overloads - Increases stats at the cost of higher reactor/capacitor drain.
- Shield Reinforce Front/Rear - Moves a portion of shield energy toward the front or rear.
- Capacitor to Shield Shunt - Takes a portion of your capacitor energy and pushes it into your shields.
- Shield Adjust Front/Rear - Changes the ratio of Front/Rear shield capacity. Adjusting to the front increases the maximum shield strength of the front while decreasing the rear, for example.
- Emergency Shields Front/Rear - A combination command of Shield Reinforce and Capacitor to Shield Shunt.
- Hyperspace chip for Deep Space (Rebel/Imperial faction locked)
- Hyperspace chip for Kessel system.
- Mute the droid/flight computer - Need I say mo-

Emergency power to shields takes power from every other component, typically disabling everything except the engines and increases the shield recharge rate... tremendously.
Thx my friend. We will stay tunned to any QOL future update/improvement in order to add it to the Flight Panel

loganskenove

Nov 6, 2023
Spain
swgtools.com
UPDATE:
- Thx to windshadow0177 : added cycle secuence to RO, CO , EO and WO. Overloads command search on the droid for existing programs to execute the available one. By this we will not need to have the overload icons assigned into the toolbarslot00. F1 to F4. CTSS is still on toolbar00 F5
- Added Radar & reticle buttons selection
- Some other buttons redesign and positioning in the panel

Enjoy and thx for the help and advises

Vikingmando

The Trickster
Staff member
Sep 15, 2023
Pilot commands MIGHT still have a / command available. remember a lot of the JTL stuff runs off of pre-cu keybinds and commands still.

you could try /commands such as /iff or /emergencyshields stuff like that. For a full list of commands. You can also do a // in chat it will display all known commands in your chat window.

beware though doing a // is a very long list.

loganskenove

Nov 6, 2023
Spain
swgtools.com
Pilot commands MIGHT still have a / command available. remember a lot of the JTL stuff runs off of pre-cu keybinds and commands still.

you could try /commands such as /iff or /emergencyshields stuff like that. For a full list of commands. You can also do a // in chat it will display all known commands in your chat window.

Absolutelly:
The panel is using now commands like:
/ptrap2 - Pirate Trap 2
/pumpreactor
/jstart3
/ethrust - Emergency Thrust
/eweapons - Emergency Weapons
/iffscramble - IFF Transponder Scramble

and more...
We miss some that are not implemented, like /homeport or hyperspacing to Ord Mantel.... But those would be something related to a Devs QOL wish list...

Feb 28, 2024
Johnson City, TN USA

I'm digging into my old command-list links right now to see if I can find them. I think I've seen them listed, but it's been a couple of years since I looked at it.

loganskenove

Nov 6, 2023
Spain
swgtools.com
UPDATE: New features
1.3-added Kessel and Deep Space jump buttons/ commands. Of course you need the kessel and Deepspace chips loaded into the flight computer/astromech
1.3-added 3 roles: Fighter pilot, POB Pilot and POB Copilot. Now you can select your role.
1.3-added WP to Datapad button: you can save your position or object selected position/wp to the wp/datapad
1.3-Nova Orion added to the quick Navigator.

Hopes u like the additions... Enjoy it....
1714330517393.png

Last edited: